Online Blackjack Canada Offers 2023
Online blackjack in Canada can be played with real money and is attractive to newer players as it is relatively easy to learn. If you understand the basics, blackjack players have good odds of winning and having fun. The game of blackjack has a rich history within the casino world and has evolved to include numerous blackjack variants, such as European Blackjack and Blackjack Gold. Blackjack is one of the most common table games played at both land-based and online casinos. It’s popularly has even extended into Hollywood as blackjack has been the centre piece of movies such as 21 and Oceans’ 13. Our experts have evaluated online blackjack sites to better understand what playing online blackjack is really like and identify top casinos and games for Canadians. Let’s learn more.
Playing Blackjack Online in Canada
- Terms and conditions apply
- Advertising Policies
|100 % BONUS UP TO $100 + 600 Free Spins||
|500% UP TO $500||
||Neon Vegas Review|
|100% BONUS UP TO $100||
||Ultra Casino Review|
|100% BONUS UP TO $100 + 1,000 Free Spins||21com Review|
|100% BONUS UP TO $500||Nitro Review|
Online blackjack is a popular casino game that offers real money winnings. It is a casino card game where players actually play against the dealer. It is a fast-paced table game with so many different gaming options, from live deal games to blackjack apps. Knowing what blackjack casinos offer the best games and best variety of games can be difficult to determine. That’s why we’ve complied all the information you need to know about playing online blackjack here.
How we rate best online blackjack sites
Our casino reviews are based on a number of standard criteria:
- Variety of table games (e.g. classic blackjack, live blackjack)
- Available bonuses and promotions
- Customer support offered
- Ease of playing on a mobile device
- Overall gaming experience and others
- Easy to understand.
- Fun table game that requires quick thinking.
- Play online blackjack for free or with real money.
- To win, you need knowledge and strategic thinking.
- Each of the blackjack variations are different.
- The same in-person casino atmosphere doesn’t exist online.
Top Online Blackjack Games
There are lots of different options for playing online blackjack games. This review provides a detailed overview of the classic version of blackjack but you might be wondering what other varieties exist. We’ve described some other popular blackjack games below:
European BlackjackThis is one of the most playable blackjack variants.
American BlackjackThis variant gives players more chances to win by allowing players to double down and split multiple times.
Multi-hand BlackjackThis is just like the classic variant but players can bet on up to five hands at once.
Spanish BlackjackThe “10” card is eliminated from the deck.
Atlantic City BlackjackThis version allows additional features, such as being able to double down after a split.
Live Dealer Blackjack
|Live Blackjack Type||RTP Rate||Software||Feature|
|One Blackjack||99.28%||Pragmatic Play||Game statistics available|
|Salon Prive Blackjack||99.29%||Evolution Gaming||Place bets privately|
|Fortune VIP Blackjack||99.29%||Evolution Gaming||High betting limit|
|Blackjack Party||99.64%||Evolution Gaming||Two live hosts|
|Blackjack Azure||99.59%||Pragmatic Play||Deal now and auto-stand features|
A live dealer blackjack game brings all the land-based casino vibes right to your home. It consists of a room hosted on an online casino website, with a real person as the dealer. Drastically livening up the atmosphere. All you need to do is go to the live casino section of the website and find a game! The online casino generally provides the minimum and maximum betting information and the number of seats currently available at the table.
Blackjack for Free vs Real Money
Many online casinos allow players to play blackjack hands for free. However, if you play for free you often can’t win real money. With that said, it is a good way to introduce yourself to the world of blackjack and get some blackjack experience under you belt. It can also help a new player develop and understand some basic blackjack strategy.
Online Blackjack Questions and Answers
What is the best online blackjack site?Any casino from the Betpoint Group are a great place for blackjack tables. It’s easy, all you need to do is set up an account, deposit funds and start to play for real money.
Do online casinos offer live dealer blackjack?Yes, most of them offer live dealer blackjack games.
How do I play blackjack for real money?Use any of the accepted payment methods (e.g. Interac, credit card and e-wallets) to deposit money into your account and start playing.
How do I win when I play online blackjack?The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealers hand without exceeding 21. It is important to know the rules and understand some basic strategies that can help you play and succeed.
Basics of Blackjack in Canada
Blackjack is a fairly simple card game. A blackjack player will play against the dealer. The objective is to have a hand value that is better than the dealer’s without the hand total exceeding a value of 21. Cards are scored based on their face value with the exception of face cards (e.g. King, Queen and Jack) and ace.
Blackjack Cards Guide:
- An ace is players choice card, where the card value can be either 1 or 11.
- All cards from 2-10 are reflective of their face value, suits do not matter.
- All picture cards / face cards are valued at 10 (e.g. King, Queen and Jack).
Other Key Aspects:
- Plays can continue accepting cards from a dealer until they exceed 21.
- Once they exceed 21, the player has gone bust.
- The dealer has to take cards until their hand values at least 17.
Standard Rules on Blackjack Sites
The rules of blackjack are entirely dependent on the variant of the game that you are playing. However, the rules of the classic version of blackjack are the same across all online and land-based casinos. We’ve provided a brief overview of the classic rules. At a casino – online or land-based – a deal will start with six decks of fifty-two cards and shuffle them together. Players are asked to bet and then the dealer randomly selects on player to cut the cards. Cutting the cards puts 60-70 cards out of commission. At any casino, chips hold monetary value and bets are made via these chips. The betting range varies from casino to casino and from game to game, but generally it is often between $2 and $500.
Step by Step Blackjack Guide
- Pick your blackjack table and game type (e.g. classic blackjack or live blackjack).
- Understand the objective of the game.
- Before the game starts, place your stake or bet.
- The dealer will deal a two-card hand to each player including the dealer.
- The first card is dealt face up to each of the players and the dealer.
- The second card is face up to each player but face down to the dealer.
- The player sitting to the left of the dealer begins the game.
- The players go in a circle to then choose their next moves – hit, stand, split, doubling, or surrender – until the game concludes.
If you stand, then you stick with your original two cards and do not take any additional card from the casino dealer. If you hit and take additional cards from the dealer, the round continues. At the end of the round, the dealer will reveal the cards facing downward to determine the total and the winner.
Basic Blackjack Strategy
It is important to understand and learn some basics blackjack strategies that can improve your game play for real money games, such as blackjack. It’s critical to understand when the best time is to hit, stand, split or double down on your hand. If you know and understand the basic strategy to playing blackjack it can cuts down on the house edge. Basic strategies for a players hand, when to:
- Stand: a players hand is 12-16 and a dealers is 2-6
- Hit: a players hand is 12-16 and a dealers is 7-Ace
- Split: a players or dealers hand is Aces and 8’s
- Double: aplayers hand is 11 and a dealers is 2-10
- Hit or double: when a hand value ranges from ace to 6
In general, the dealer’s cards are bad if they are 2 through 6 and good if they are 7 through ace.
Bonuses for Black Jack Casinos in Canada
Most casino bonuses come in the follow form:
- Welcome bonus
- Deposit bonus
- Rewards bonus
These types of bonuses most commonly come with free spins to a particular slots game. While other bonus types come with bonus money that can be used to play various games. Limited time offers or other types of promotions occasionally offer something specific to blackjack games. It is best to subscribe to promotional material for online casinos and keep you eye peeled on the promotions section of the website. Before you make an account at any online casino, be sure to look for a welcome bonus offer.
Blackjack Sites for Mobile Device
Most reputable online casinos offer mobile blackjack apps in two forms: instant play games or downloadable apps. Instant play games do not require an app or software download. All you need is a mobile device, web browser and internet and you’re all set. You also don’t need to worry about speed or graphics, the version is the same on a computer and mobile device. The second form is downloadable apps, some argue they offer better functionality but that’s not always the case.
Online Blackjack Canada Glossary
There are a number of terms that you should be familiar with when playing blackjack online.
- Hit: the player takes another card from the dealer.
- Stand: the player does not take another card from the dealer.
- Bust: the player or dealers hand has a total value of more than 21.
- Camouflage: this is a technique that hides the fact that a player is counting cards with a specialized strategy.
- Split: when the player has two of the same cards and is given the option to play two hands.
- Insurance: this is bet that is made when a player feels the dealer may have blackjack. The dealers card must be an ace. If the player is correct, they get double their insurance wager back.
- Soft 17: this is when the dealer has an ace and a six. Often casino games have a rule that they must hit.
- Doubling down: a player can double their initial bet.
- Card counting: this is a strategy used to help players predict the next card. It takes a great mathematical mind to be able to do so.
- Push: this is when the dealer and player hands are equal.
- Hard hand: no ace or when the only option for an ace is one.
- House edge: % of each player bet that the casino expects to win/lose.
- Intuitive/Nature/Blackjack: a total hand value of 21 is achieved through an ace and 10 or jack/king/queen.
- Side bets: perfect pairs and insurance are two popular side bets that advanced players utilize to increase their winnings. Generally, the house edge is too high to recommend side bets.
Online Blackjack Tips in Canada
We’ve identified our top five tips for playing blackjack online in Canada:
Understand the game rulesRemember they vary depending on the variation of blackjack.
Set your limits and maintain themIf you’re on a losing streak, know when to step away and try again another day.
Understand the oddsOne the most important factors is your hand of cards, which is entirely dependent on luck and is completely out of your control.
Know what is good vs. badWhen the dealer’s visible card ranges from 7-10 continue to take cards until your hand’s total value is 17 or more.
Know your levelIf you are a beginner don’t try and make a side bet and it is best to avoid playing insurance unless you are card counting.
Online blackjack games can provide players endless hours of entertainment, excitement and strategizing. Know the ins and outs of the game is a huge advantage as a basic understanding of the strategies and rules can elevate you from a beginner to an expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you play blackjack online for real money?
Yes, absolutely! Find an online casino that has blackjack games and get started!
Is it legal to play blackjack online?
Yes, playing online casino games, such as blackjack, is completely legal for Canadian players as long as the casino is licensed.
Do online casinos offer different types of blackjack?
Yes, casinos offer a wide variety of blackjack games. Players can enjoy a number of different variants of blackjack including: Blackjack Switch, Blackjack Royal Pairs, Blackjack Gold, 3D Black Jack and much more.
What is the house edge?
It describes the percentage a casino, in theory, anticipates to win over the long-term. The percentage ranges, but generally sits at around 0.5%. Some suggest that it is higher for beginners, usually around 2%. That means that for every 100 dollars a player bets the casino stands to gain $2. For more experienced players, it can be even lower than 0.5%.
What if I need help?
All online casinos have some form of customer support, usually through live chat, email or a form fillable contact box on their website. Most online casinos also have a detailed frequently asked questions section that covers a lot of common inquiries.